2014 Bucket List
I’m ready to move on from talking about everything I plan to do in 2014 and start living it, but before I do, I want to revisit my Bucket List for 2013 and see what I accomplished and then write one for 2014.
Here is last year’s. You will see that I’m not terribly ambitious when it comes to setting goals for myself, but even so, I didn’t do everything on my list — I only accomplished about half my list. I hope I can do better this year!!
Visit somewhere I’ve never been before.I went to Laguna Beach, probably the most beautiful place I’ve ever been on earth. I also spent time at Lake Naomi in the Poconos three times last year. Run a 10K.I accomplished this for the first time in a virtual 10K with a couple of friends, and then I ran an official 10K at the Good Neighbor Day on July 4th.
- Organize and purge the attic. (Still on my bucket list . . . )
- Unplug for one whole day. No, I’ve never actually done that!! (Still have never done that!)
- Learn to make a gluten-free pie crust that tastes like the real thing. (Nope, no dice there either. But I didn’t try.)
Attend Mom 2.0 Summit.You can read all about my Mom 2.0 experience here.
- Wear a ball gown. (Ironically, I had the chance to wear one twice. The first event, I didn’t realize that was the dress code and I looked like an idiot in a printed knee-length sheath. The second event I turned down because I would have had to pay to attend and I couldn’t justify the cost. So. I’m hoping I get another chance in 2014!!!)
Publish an eBook.I did this!!! It is not the eBook I thought I was going to publish. I was working on a gluten-free eBook with a friend that never got off the ground. But then I was offered the opportunity to write a children’s story for the NPMA that was published as an eBook. So I can cross this one off my list. Try a new exotic food.Hmm…. did I try sushi for the first time this year? Or was that in 2013? I also tried octopus . . . I think that was 2013. Guess I’ll cross that one off. Learn how to use our fancy camera.I’m getting better, but I still don’t have it down the way I want to. I better GET better because I need some mad photography skills for the cookbook I’m writing!!! See my writing published in a print magazine.Does a recipe count? My gluten-free banana bread recipe was published in Southern Living Magazine. Get a workable organizational system for my Laundry Room.WOOHOOO!!!!! YES, this one I definitely accomplished. See my Laundry Room Makeover here.
- Learn to apply a “Smokey Eye”. (I still need to do this. I did master a great daytime eye makeup look though, and it works pretty well for nighttime if I ramp it up a bit. Still, it’s not a smokey eye.)
Take a Zumba class.Did it!
- Plant an herb garden. (Nope, not yet. Still wanna do it.)
So….. I didn’t do as well as I was hoping I would, but there’s always this year, right??? Here’s my bucket list for 2014.
2014 Bucket List
- Learn to use essential oils therapeutically and reduce our reliance on medicine. I ordered a kit from Young Living… I’ll let you know how that goes!
- Get this ding-dang plantar fasciitis under control for good!!! I think I’ve turned a corner. Hoping and praying I can keep it at bay.
- Run a 5K in 27 minutes flat. I’m sloooowly easing back into running. YAY!!!! My current PR for a 5K is currently 27:56. I’d love to get it under 27 minutes.
- Run another half marathon. I’m throwing this in there, although it won’t crush me if I don’t accomplish this. At this point, I’ll just be happy if I can get back to running 3-5 mile distances regularly. If there are no more half marathons in my future, I’m okay with that.
- Try oil pulling. I’ve already started this. I hope to do it consistently for a month and see if I notice an improvement in my overall health.
- Update my blog design. I’m working on this one. Can’t WAIT to get it finished and unveiled!!
- Publish a book. I’m cheating again, as this is already in the works. I’ll give you all the deets soon.
- Try the Paleo diet for one month. I keep saying I want to try it and I never can seem to commit so I’m writing it down. It’s sort of like saying it out loud. I have to do it then, right?? Don’t answer that . . .
- Read the entire New Testament. That really shouldn’t be that hard, right? I already printed out a plan, and I’m putting it by my bed with my Bible right now.
- Plant an herb garden. Carrying this one over from last year.
- Wear a ball gown. I still want to do this!
- Read 12 good fiction books. That is one a month, and it should certainly be do-able! I used to read ALL the time. Anyone got a suggestion for me? I tend to prefer light fluffy reads, but not romance novels, necessarily.
- Travel out of the country. This is a biggie, and it may not happen in 2014, but if I write it down, there’s a better chance of making it happen, right??
- Take my kids somewhere they’ve never been before. I don’t know where this is, but I want them to see more of the world!
- Play my violin in church. This year I finally took my poor, neglected violin to a luthier to get it fixed so I can play it. I’m a bit rusty after 23 years, but I want to get back my skills back so I can play it in church. Maybe 2014 is my year. I’ve only been talking about doing this for five years.
- Implement a standing desk. I spend a LOT of time at my desk. A LOT. And I know it’s not good for my health. I’ve ready a ton of compelling evidence that standing desks are the way to go so I’m dying to give it a try. I’ll definitely keep you posted!
How about you? What’s on your Bucket List for 2014??