Good Friday morning! I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a lovely holiday yesterday.
I’m sure most people are spending time with family and friends today, so I thought I’d take it easy and do a recap of my most popular fashion posts of 2014. I’m going to do it Tonight Show style and start at 10 and work down to 1, the most popular fashion post that I wrote this year.
Top 10 Fashion Posts of 2014
9. What to Wear on Thanksgiving Day: The first in my 12 Days of Holiday Outfits series and one of the most popular.
8. Fashion Over 40 #WhatIWore 09.24.14: The outfit with the army green cargo pants, gray tee and denim jacket was pinned over and over on Pinterest and brought this post into the top 10!
7. Fashion Over 40 #WhatIWore 10.08.14: This was my most popular “daily mom style” post all year. I can see why, as I look back through the pictures. That week I was batting 1000! I love every outfit. Maybe I should just repeat that week over and over again. Ha!!!
6. 13 Basic Wardrobe Essentials for Moms: I suppose this post speaks for itself.
5. What to Wear to a Home Holiday Party: I find it interesting that this was the most popular of my 12 Days of Holiday Outfits posts. It must be a sign of the age of my average reader. We moms tend to do a lot more home parties than swanky nights out, don’t we??? That’s okay, we have learned that we can look cute and have fun and STILL be in bed before midnight. Hooray for middle age!
4. How to Style Pastels for Spring: This was a style collab with four other fashion bloggers. I plan to do more of these in 2015. So fun!
3. How to Wear Ankle Boots: Ankle boots are one of the hottest trends this season and one of the most wearable. You can make them work for any budget and any style aesthetic. LOVE them!
2. How To Wear White Jeans After Labor Day: This post has been pinned almost 50K times. I KNOW!
AND FINALLY . . .
The most popular fashion post of 2014 . . .
1. How To Style A Maxi Skirt: Okay so this is cheating a bit. I actually wrote this post a couple of years ago and republished it last summer because it was so popular. Despite that, or maybe BECAUSE of that, I think it deserves to be in the Top 10 for 2014.
So that’s that! I hope you enjoyed this little recap!
For more fashion for women over 40, sign up to receive my fashion & beauty digest in your email inbox for a weekly recap of my fashion and beauty posts!