Cinnamon Donuts Recipe #glutenfree
I actually bought 2 because most recipes make 12, not 6. The 6-count pan makes full-size donuts. The 12-count pan makes mini-donuts. So you want the 6-count.
The chocolate donuts went over so well, I decided to try a cinnamon donuts recipe. I like these even better. They are softer and squishier. I don’t know if it’s the addition of the xanthan gum or what, but these really do NOT taste the least bit gluten-free. Even my kids agree!
I want to bite into one RIGHT NOW. Since I made these, I have also made an apple cider donut! But these cinnamon donuts are my faves so far.
They’re super easy. If you have a donut pan, then you probably have everything else you need in the house. You can omit the xanthan gum and sub regular all-purpose flour if you don’t eat gluten-free. Don’t have buttermilk? Never fear! See my post on what to use if you don’t have buttermilk.
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (if your flour mix does not have it)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- For the topping
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease the donut pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into a large zipper bag and cut a corner. Squeeze batter into the wells of the donut pan until they’re 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping in one small bowl. Place a bowl of the melted butter beside the cinnamon sugar. Then dip each donut first into the butter, coat on both sides, then dip into the cinnamon and place on a plate to serve.